What is Stress
What is Stress?
The HSE defines stress as “the adverse reaction people have to excessive pressure or other types of demand placed on them”.
This pressure may have many sources, some of which may be in the workplace and some of which may be personal.
It is important for managers to understand where the potential danger areas are within the workplace and which members of staff are more at risk than others – either due to the type of job they hold or the type of person they are.
Positive Results can:
- Identify employees at risk of stress, or who are already suffering from stress
- Discover the real causes of that stress
- Identify stress inducing behaviour patterns
- Provide techniques and personal resources for coping with workplace pressures
- Ensure employers comply with HSE guidelines on stress prevention and management.
Contact Positive Results on 08707 877990 or [email protected]